Col. Darron Wright memorialized his 2009-10 deployment with JBLM's 4th Stryker Brigade in his book, "Iraq Full Circle."
Drunken driving arrests in Pierce County were down from last year over the Labor Day weekend, according to the Washington Traffic Safety Commission.
The insurance giant plans to put several of its current buildings up for sale, including the DuPont facility, then lease them back to continue operations there, according to a company memo. The move is part of the company's larger national realignment, which locally meant expanding into office space in downtown Tacoma.
Voters served by West Pierce Fire and Rescue were supporting the districts funding measure Tuesday, but low voter turnout may still doom its chances. Meanwhile, the fields were narrowed to two candidates in local races all around the South Sound.
The city of DuPont has hired a permanent police chief after months of negotiations with state officials to ensure the south Pierce County city doesn’t again run afoul of state retirement rules.
- 467 George Zimmerman found not guilty in death of Trayvon Martin
- 452 Tacoma rally promotes discussion following George Zimmerman verdict
- 394 For Zimmerman, ‘not guilty’ does not equal innocence
- 3 Seattle mayor’s tunnel antics put highways at risk
- 1 NSA revelations reframe digital life for some