Coming to Gig Harbor is an entertainment emporium with a two-story laser arena, 10-pin and duckpin bowling, a game room and space for parties that can host up to 400.
It’s called Ocean 5, and it’s another project from Troy Alstead, former chief operating officer at Starbucks. It expects to open in November. The business will be at the Olympic Towne Center, home of the new Fred Meyer.
Alstead’s also behind an affiliated restaurant called Table 47. That 300-seat restaurant features upscale food in a casual environment and is in the same complex. It also expects to open in November.
Ocean 5 will be an impressive 57,000 square feet and is touted as “the first of its kind in the region.”
“Ocean 5 has been a vision of mine for 10 years,” Alstead said in a press release. “Bringing this space to the community where we live and are raising our children is a huge part of that dream. I’m excited to be giving the South Sound a space where friends and groups have enough elbow room to relax and just have fun, whether they stay for an hour, an afternoon or a night out.”
The business is named after the world’s oceans and comes with a community-focused theme. Alstead intends to “have programming that includes youth-education programs, partnerships with nonprofits and community volunteer events.”
There’s an environmental theme to both new businesses. Table 47 will focus on responsibly sourced ingredients. Ocean 5 is pursuing LEED certification. The building will be heated and cooled by geothermal energy. The geothermal network includes three miles of wells under the parking lot. Using that source of energy is expected to reduce energy consumption by the facility.
Here are more details from a press release. Ocean 5 will have:
- A two-story laser arena for up to 40 players.
- A gaming arcade where gamers can win prizes that are redeemable at a prize store.
- A lounging area for 100 with a circular fireplace, cocktail tables and couches.
- 12 duckpin bowling lanes. Duckpin bowling uses a lightweight ball that’s smaller than a typical ball used for 10-pin bowling.
- 10 lanes for regular 10-pin bowling. Bowling suites can be reserved for private parties.
- Food from neighboring Table 47 can be ordered.
- A private event and party space can fit between 5 and 400 with private staff.
Where: 5268 Point Fosdick Drive NW, Gig Harbor; o5social.com.