Farmers markets open throughout the area this week
Wanting to buy local? Then make plans to take in one of the many farmers markets open this week.
▪ LAKEWOOD FARMERS MARKET, Lakewood City Hall plaza, 6000 Main St., 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesdays through Sept. 15; cityoflakewood.us/parks-and-recreation/farmer-s-market.
▪ TACOMA FARMERS MARKET, SIXTH AVENUE LOCATION, on Pine Street at Sixth Avenue, in Sixth Avenue Business District, Tacoma, 3-7 p.m. Tuesdays.
Never miss a local story.
▪ STEILACOOM FARMERS MARKET, Multipurpose tennis courts next to Steilacoom Town Hall, intersection of Lafayette and Wilkes streets, Steilacoom. 3-7 p.m. Wednesdays through Aug. 26; 253-581-1912
▪ TACOMA FARMERS MARKET, EASTSIDE, South 44th and Portland Avenue, 3-7 p.m. Wednesdays through Sept. 30.
▪ GIG HARBOR DOWNTOWN WATERFRONT FARMERS MARKET, Skansie Brothers Park, 3211 Harborview Drive, Gig Harbor, 3-7 p.m. Thursdays through Sept. 24; 253-514-0071
▪ TACOMA FARMERS MARKET, BROADWAY LOCATION, Broadway, between Ninth and 11th streets, in downtown Tacoma; 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursdays through Oct. 29
▪ GIG HARBOR FARMERS MARKET, PENNISULA GARDENS, 5503 Wollochet Drive NW, Gig Harbor; 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays through Sept. 26; 253-884-51-7397.
▪ PROCTOR FARMERS MARKET, North 27th and Proctor streets in Proctor Business District, Tacoma, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays through Dec. 19; 253-961-3666.
▪ PUYALLUP FARMERS MARKET, Pioneer Park and the Pavilion, 330 S. Meridian St. (corner of Fourth Ave Southwest and Meridian), in downtown Puyallup, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays through Oct. 17; 253-840-2631.
▪ GIG HARBOR FARMERS MARKET, UPTOWN LOCATION, 4701 Point Fosdick Drive, Gig Harbor, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sundays through Sept. 29; 253-851-7397.
▪ TACOMA FARMERS MARKET, SOUTH TACOMA LOCATION, MetroParks STAR Park and Community Center, 3873 S. 66th Street, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. through Sept. 27.
Melissa Etheridge plays Zoo Tunes in Seattle
Known for her mixture of confessional lyrics and pop-based folk-rock, Melissa Etheridge has been performing for more than 20 years and has two Grammy Awards and one Academy Award. She will perform with Blondie in a 6 p.m. concert Tuesday at the Woodland Park Zoo, 750 N. 50th St., Seattle. Tickets are $45-$120 and available at zoo.org/zootunes.