Tuesday (Aug. 4)
Hilltop Artists hosting Arts Night Out at Jason Lee Middle School
With a nod to National Night Out, the Hilltop Artists are hosting Arts Night Out from 4-7 p.m. Tuesday. The evening will include glassblowing demonstrations, music, chalk art, food, dancing, T-shirt painting and even more family-friendly activities. Get to know your neighbors and the program. It’s at Jason Lee Middle School, 602 N. Sprague Ave., Tacoma, and is free to the public. For more information, go to hilltopartists.org/events/arts-night-out.
National Night Out and Safe Streets local community events
Safe Streets Tacoma is hosting several community events for National Night Out. Find one in your community and join in meetings your neighbors and supporting a safe community. Here are some of the local events Tuesday. If you don’t see your neighborhood get a complete list of events at safest.org/en
▪ 702 S. Cushman Ave. Block Group, 6-8 p.m. on Cushman between Seventh and Eighth streets
▪ Central Neighborhood Council, 7-8:30 p.m. at Sheridan Park, 2347 S. Sheridan Ave.
▪ Neighbors Park Block Group, 5:30-9 p.m. 722 S I St.
▪ 42nd and Orchard streets Block Group, 5-7 p.m., 5109 N. 42nd St.
▪ Mercy Housing, 4-6 p.m., 1709 S. G St.
▪ Visscher Street Block Group, 5-10 p.m., North Visscher between 48th and 49th streets
▪ Hilltop Action Coalition, 3-9 p.m. Peoples Park, Martin Luther King Way and S. Ninth St.
▪ L Street Neighbors Block Group, 4-8 p.m., People’s Center, 1602 Marking Luther King Way
▪ North 29th and Carr streets Block Group, 6-9 p.m., 2802 N. Carr St.
▪ North 46th and Defiance streets, 4:30-8:30 p.m., Defiance between North 46th and 48th streets
▪ Stewart Heights Neighborhood Coalition, 6-8 p.m., 601 E. D St.
▪ Larchmont Safe Streets, 5-8 p.m., All Saints Episcopal Church, 205 E. 96th St.
▪ Westminister Presbyterian Church, 6-8 p.m., 5236 E. B St.
▪ Lincoln LAWGS, 6-8 p.m., 3844 D St.
Ukulele lovers joing in Singalong Circus at Studio 6 Ballroom
Share your love of the ukulele at the Ukulele Singalong Circus. All are welcome to come sing, play a ukulele if you have one, or just sit and enjoy the madness from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday at Studio 6 Ballroom, 2608 Sixth Ave., Tacoma. Admission is $8 to cover the rental of the ballroom. For more information, go to singingbarista.wix.com/ ukecircustacoma.