Tuesday (Aug. 11)
Local farmers markets offer variety of produce and products
It’s a great time to buy local and get fresh produce. The area’s farmers markets are up and running with lots to choose for your pantry. Here are some happening this week.
▪ Lakewood Farmers Market, Lakewood City Hall plaza, 6000 Main St. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesdays through Sept. 15. cityoflakewood.us/parks-and-recreation/farmer-s-market
▪ Tacoma Farmers Market, Sixth Avenue Location, On Pine Street at Sixth Avenue, in Sixth Avenue Business District, Tacoma. 3-7 p.m. Tuesdays through Sept. 29. Open air market featuring fresh, seasonal produce from Washington farmers; prepared and packaged foods; concession vendors; live music; a beer garden and artisan items. tacomafarmersmarket.com.
▪ Steilacoom Farmers Market, Multipurpose tennis courts next to Steilacoom Town Hall, intersection of Lafayette and Wilkes streets, Steilacoom. 3-7 p.m. Wednesdays through Aug. 26. Farm fresh vegetables, flowers, honey, herbs, plants, crafts, gifts, meat, fish, cheese and more. Accepting Senior and WIC FMNP coupons. Live concerts at 6 p.m. at Pioneer Park. 253-581-1912; steilacoomfarmersmarket.org.
▪ Tacoma Farmers Market, Eastside, South 44th and Portland Avenue. 3-7 p.m. Wednesdays through Sept. 30. tacomafarmersmarket.com
▪ Gig Harbor Downtown Waterfront Farmers Market, Skansie Brothers Park, 3211 Harborview Drive, Gig Harbor. 3-7 p.m. Thursdays through Sept. 24. 253-514-0071, sponsored by Waterfront Alliance, gigharborwaterfront.org/farmers-market.
▪ Tacoma Farmers Market Broadway Location, Broadway, between Ninth and 11th streets, in downtown Tacoma. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursdays through Oct. 29. tacomafarmersmarket.com.
▪ Tacoma Farmers Market Multicare Rose Garden, Tacoma General Hospital, Martin Luther King Way between Fifth and Division. 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Fridays through Sept. 11.
▪ Orting Valley Farmers Market, North Park at Highway 162 and Calistoga St. 3-7 p.m. Fridays through Aug.28, plus Sept. 11 and Oct. 10. Ortingvalleyfarmersmarket.com.
▪ Puyallup Farmers Market, Pioneer Park and the Pavilion, 330 S. Meridian St. (corner of Fourth Ave S.W. and Meridian), in downtown Puyallup. 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday through Oct. 17. 253-840-2631, ext. 101, puyallupmainstreet.com.