Monday (Aug. 31) —Saturday
Free computer classes and tech help available at Pierce County Libraries
If you’re looking to brush up on your computer or technology skills and get help in your job search, Pierce County Libraries has a variety of free classes and help available. Most require registration, call the local branch for more information.
▪ Tech Help: bring in questions about your devices and get answers. 1-5 p.m. Tuesday, Tillicum Library, 14916 Washington Ave. SW, 253-548-3314 and Sumner Library, 1116 Fryar Ave., 253-548-3306; 3-5 p.m. Wednesday, Lakewood Library, 6300 Wildaire Road SW, 253-548-3302; 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Milton Edgewood Library, 900 Meridian E., 253-548-3325; 2-4 p.m. Saturday, Fife Library, 6622 20th St. E., 253-548-3323
Never miss a local story.
▪ Excel Introduction: start with the basics. 2-4 p.m. Tuesday, Gig Harbor Library, 4424 Point Fosdick Drive W., 253-548-3305; 7-8 p.m. Tuesday, Sumner Library, 1116 Fryar Ave., 253-548-3306
▪ Word Introduction: learn how to open, save, edit, format and print documents. 2-3:30 p.m. Tuesday, Lakewood Library, 6300 Wildaire Road SW, 253-548-3302; 6-7 p.m. Tuesday, Buckley Library, 123 S. River Ave., 253-548-3310 or 360-829-0300
▪ Internet for Beginners: learn basics, navigating web pages, using search engines and more, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Summit Library, 5107 112th St. E., Tacoma, 253-548-3321
▪ Computers for Beginners: covers basic skills and concerts including parts of the computer, basic terminology, navigating windows, 1:30-3 p.m. Friday, Sumner Library, 1116 Fryar Ave., 253-548-3306
▪ Job Seekers’s Guide to the Cloud: learn about different cloud technologies including Google Drive, Microsoft One Drive and Dropbox. 9:30-11 a.m. Thursday, Orting Library, 205 Washington Ave. S., 253-548-3312
▪ Job Lab: one-on-one help from WorkSource employment specialists. 10 a.m.-noon and 2-4 p.m. Monday, Parkland Spanaway Library, 13718 Pacific Ave. S., 253-548-3304; 10 a.m.-noon and 2-4 p.m. Monday, University Place Library, 3609 Market Place W., 253-548-3307
▪ First Track-Job Track Tech Readiness: gain skills in Word and Excel, create new resume and more, 9:30-11 a.m. Thursday, Sumner Library, 1116 Fryar Ave., 253-548-3306; 3-4:30 p.m. Thursday, Key Center Library, 8905 KPN, 253-548-3309;