Saturday (Oct. 31)
Explore the shore waters at Pier Into the Night in Gig Harbor
Explore and learn about the creatures that make their homes in the waters off our shores during two events on Saturday. Pier Into the Night, hosted by Harbor WildWatch, features a live dive. Naturalists and experienced volunteers will answer questions and interpret what you see on the screen. It is free to the public and is 6-8 p.m. Saturday at Skansie Brothers Park, 3211 Harborview Drive, Gig Harbor. For more information, call 253-514-0187.
Make Halloween plans with local activities and parties
Never miss a local story.
If you’re still making plans for Halloween here are a few options for Saturday.
▪ Join in Halloween at the History Museum with spooky stories and candy to entertain your ghouls and goblins. Enjoy the spooky art drawn by visitors on display in the Grand Lobby. The fun begins at 1 p.m. at the Washington State History Museum, 1911 Pacific Ave., Tacoma. Activities are included in museum admission. For more information call 253-272-9747 or go online to washingtonhistory.org
▪ Come out to the W.W. Seymour Conservatory, 315 G. St. S, Tacoma, for a Halloween Hoorah. There will be Boo-tanical activities including crafts, games, and treats from . 4-7 p.m. and it’s free. To find out more call 253-591-5330 or go online to metroparkstacoma.org/conservatory.
▪ Sumner’s charming Main Street will be turned over to ghosts, pirates and princesses for trick-or-treating, candy and fun, including the famous Dancing Scarecrows. Come down starting at 5 p.m. It is free and open to the public.
▪ Enjoy a Trunk or Treat featuring a bounce house and games held in the upper parking lot at United Methodist Church at Lakewood, 6100 Steilacoom Blvd. SW. It is 3-5 p.m. and is free. For more information call 253-582-6181
▪ Take the kids for Trick or Treat at the Mall for kids 12 and younger. Toy weapons are not allowed, masks are OK for children only. It is 5-7 p.m. at the Tacoma Mall, 2502 S. Steele St.
▪ Go ice skating for Halloween at the Sprinker Monster Skate from 7:45-9:45 p.m. It is being held at the Sprinker Recreation Center, 14824 C St. S, Tacoma. Call 253-798-4000 for more information.
▪ Join in fun activities, ghoulish games and tasty snacks plus haunted house and costume contest at the Harvest Fest from 3-6 p.m. at Tacoma Community House, 1314 S. L St., Tacoma. It is free. For more information call 253-383-3951 or go online to tacomacommunityhouse.org/event/harvest-fest
▪ For adults looking for some fun head out for the Tides Tavern Annual Halloween Bash starting at 6 p.m. There will be a costume contest with prizes awarded for first through third place plus recognition for the staff member favorite. Tides Tavern is located at 2925 Harborview Drive in Gig Harbor. There is no cover charge.