The FOX culinary show MasterChef is casting this Saturday in Tukwila. The show is a competition of amateur chefs judged by Chef Gordon Ramsay, Chef Graham Elliot and restaurateur Joe Bastianich. Click "read more" for details.
Here are the competition details:
MasterChef tryouts: When: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday Dec. 3, 2011Where: Le Cordon Bleu School, 360 Corporate Drive N., Tukwila Bring: Yourself and your snappy personality, don't forget your amateur tricks of the trade. I bet if you set something on fire (food, that is), it'd give you an extra edge. I'd also wear something bright orange or purple to be memorable. Is a clown nose too much?You should bring: Your best home-cooked meal. Again, I suspect some sort of fiery dish would give you an edge. Well, in theory, anyway. I have no experience auditioning for reality culinary shows, but if I were to do so, I'd definitely catch something on fire. Intentionally.
Never miss a local story.
You can find the fine print here at masterchefcasting.com, but here are a few of the details:
* Print out and fill out an application from the website above. It appears you can even pre-register. Just follow the link above.
* Bring a photo of you, the completed application, a photo of your plated dish and your best ever home-cooked dish to the open call.
* Please note this from the FAQ page: "You must serve one plate of food to producer’s food experts. You will not have access to any equipment to heat your food and we will not supply you with any dishes, etc. You must bring your own utensils including the plate, knives, forks, spoons, etc. You will only be given a few minutes to plate your dish (once you get into the audition room) so bring whatever it is you need to do that!"
* And here's some of the stuff you can't bring: Alcohol (that might put a damper in your flambe plans), air mattresses (they must have a strong no sleeping rule), fireworks (again, they're just fun killers, aren't they?), and cameras. Find the list of what else not to bring here.
* Also: No plate of food, no entry. They're pretty serious about that.
* If you can't make it to the open call, then you can apply by video. Click the casting link above for the details.