At some point today Mac Morrison, a former professional athlete in a sea of amateurs, will want to quit.
Until two years ago, Lakewood businessman Bruce Bodine hated running.
After selling out quicker than ever this year, the Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic will reopen registration Monday at 12:01 a.m. This is a new opportunity the Cascade Bicycle Club is offering this season.
Don’t look now but there are only seven shopping days left until Father’s Day.
For four nurses and about 1,400 other runners and walkers, this Saturday's Sound to Narrows will be the culmination of a 12-week, countywide weight-loss competition with a cash prize of $10,000 for the winning team.
This is a club so exclusive it will shut its doors before it accepts new members. It started with about 300 members in 1973 with the first running of the Sound to Narrows. On June 9, the 12-kilometer footrace turns 40 and club membership now stands at 11. Its the Every Timers Club, and as the name suggests, only people who have run every Sound to Narrows can be members.
How well do you know the rules of the road when it comes to interaction between motorists and cyclists? Test yourself with this quick quiz. The correct answers are below and have been checked with Blake Trask of the Bicycle Alliance of Washington, Guy Gill of the Washington State Patrol, Tony Tipton of Pierce County Parks and Recreation, the Revised Code of Washington and my unpublished/unfinished book “The Encyclopedia of Common Sense.”
Bike long enough and you will be flipped off, hollered at, mooned or honked at for no good reason.
Bike long enough and you will be flipped off, hollered at, mooned or honked at for no good reason. Drive long enough and youll be cut off or have a near miss with a cyclist.
- Fallen Tacoma firefighter lived life filled with discoveries, explorations
- Proctors bike-rack bureaucracy tests patience of local Boy Scout
- Morning links: Deflating news on Hawks has columnist questioning prediction of perfect season
- Harvin's versatility is tantalizing, as long as he stays upright
- Man critically injured in Frederickson motorcycle crash was off-duty King County deputy
- 326 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 168 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 118 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 74 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 29 Party lines blur at transportation rally