Published: 05/18/13 14:09:00
The Peninsula Seahawks were on a hot streak, having won three of their four playoff games, and looked poised to reach the Class 3A state quarterfinals for the first time in seven seasons.
Published: 05/17/13 19:51:22
Rain derailed many of the late games Friday at the Class 4A/3A/2A West Central/Southwest bi-district fastpitch tournament, but the early results were positive ones for the Gig Harbor Tides and Peninsula Seahawks.
Published: 05/14/13 14:38:42
It's not as though the seniors on this year's Gig Harbor High girls water polo team don't have a list of accomplishments a mile long already, but they can add to it this week as the South Sound state water polo championships get underway.
Published: 05/09/13 17:04:19
TACOMA The Gig Harbor Tides knew what was at stake Thursday afternoon at SERA fields: Either send the Yelm Tornados packing from the Class 4A Narrows League tournament, or fold up their own tents.
Published: 05/01/13 11:37:53
After a 2012 season in which it captured the first league championship, in program history, the Peninsula Seahawks fastpitch team had a repeat performance on its mind heading into 2013.
Published: 04/24/13 11:30:14
The Gig Harbor Tides knew they would likely need to beat the Stadium Tigers to have a shot at the Class 4A Narrows League boys soccer crown.
Published: 04/12/13 15:28:33
Regular-season water polo matches don't usually have high stakes, but Thursday's encounter between Gig Harbor and Curtis was an exception to the rule.
Published: 04/11/13 17:42:51
Wednesday's weather was a bit eclectic - sunshine poured from the skies and winds blew vigorously through the South Sound.
Published: 04/10/13 16:27:43
After dropping consecutive games to the Bonney Lake Panthers last week, the Peninsula Seahawks were not only in a bit of funk, they were putting themselves in danger of missing the Class 3A baseball playoffs.
Published: 04/04/13 13:01:03
The Peninsula High baseball team entered this week riding high off victories against Auburn Mountainview, Enumclaw and Lakes, but back-to-back games against Bonney Lake has sent the Seahawks into a bit of a tailspin.
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Irvin shorn, perhaps reborn after bad news
- Morning links: Harvin shows explosiveness
- Wilson ahead of learning curve in 2nd season
- Police end search for Susan Powell, implicate brother
- 139 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 108 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 70 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 19 Commission unanimously approves Tacoma Narrows Bridge toll hike
- 6 Party lines blur at transportation rally