Published: 05/15/13 09:17:14
As she grew up in Gig Harbor, Joella Long knew she wanted to help her community. I always wanted to help in Gig Harbor, said Long, from the office of Gig Harbor Youth & Family Services, a new collective of therapy and counseling practices. And as a teenager, I always felt we couldve used more support for families.
Published: 05/08/13 09:50:36
Gig Harbor native and Peninsula High graduate Stefan Bisciglia joined his fathers travel agency, Specialty Cruise & Villas, in 2007, with the hopes of expanding the business horizons.
Published: 05/02/13 12:13:49
The Tacoma Narrows Airport, home to several restaurants throughout the years, will soon welcome a new, high-profile tenant: the entrepreneurs behind Tacoma's Harmon Brewing Company.
Published: 04/30/13 16:08:02
Alliance of Women Owned Businesses, the Gig Harbor nonprofit dedicated to networking and support between female entrepreneurs, will hold its first trade show from 5 to 8 p.m. May 8 at the Inn at Gig Harbor.
Published: 04/26/13 13:47:32
The new Michaels location at Gig Harbor's Point Fosdick Square shopping center officially opened on Friday morning, and a ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held on Sunday at 9:45 a.m. The store's regular hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Monday through Saturday and from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday.
Published: 04/24/13 10:56:49
George Tart has lived in the Gig Harbor area for a long time, and hes concerned about the safety of its roads.
Published: 04/16/13 15:47:52
Peninsula Auto Group in Gorst has been an established dealer of Subaru, Triumph Motorcycle and Suzuki products for more than a decade. This month, owner John Dionas welcomed some major changes that make him optimistic for the dealerships future.
Published: 04/11/13 11:48:49
Rebecca and Rudy Kaldor have never held a frozen yogurt-eating contest before, and they aren’t sure what to expect.
Published: 04/03/13 13:55:20
Abigail Lovell used to work for AT&T and saw the company help launch the Razr phone, the iPhone, the iPad and other landmark technologies. “I was there for all these groundbreaking tech launches,” she said. “So it doesn’t take me long to figure out whether a new (tech) product will work or if it will fail.”
Published: 04/03/13 11:43:18
Health and safety classes shouldnt be a rote requirement, something to sit through before certification, said Thomas Bliss.
- Hey, Pete, it's time you talked about Seahawks' drug-test failures
- Morning links: Holding Carroll’s feet to the fire on PEDs
- Years of work reunites teens accused of '88 gang shooting
- Police Beat: A mothers love, and wild punches
- Tacoma program uses housing to promote good parenting, self-sufficiency
- 302 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 40 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 37 Tacoma program uses housing to promote good parenting, self-sufficiency
- 9 Hey, Pete, it’s time you talked about Seahawks’ drug-test failures
- 7 Years of work reunites teens accused of ’88 gang shooting