Published: 03/07/13 16:31:26
Rep. Jan Angel is inviting citizens from throughout the 26th Legislative District to join her for a telephone town hall meeting on Thursday, March 14, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Published: 02/26/13 09:34:01
A motion allowing Gig Harbor Mayor Chuck Hunter to approve and authorize a 2013 contract with the Gig Harbor Historic Waterfront Association in an amount not to exceed $35,000 turned into a minor battle over who should be allowed on the GHHWA Board of Directors.
Published: 02/25/13 11:19:34
Rep. Jan Angel, R-Port Orchard, has introduced a measure that would maintain the current price of tolls on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge until financing for the structure is completely re-paid. The bill would allow tolls to be maintained, but not increased, until such time as all loans and debt are paid on the bridge.
Published: 02/19/13 16:14:46
On Thursday, Feb. 21, Rep. Derek Kilmer, D-Gig Harbor, will attend a 3 to 5 p.m. Open House and Grand Opening at his Tacoma District Office in the Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber of Commerce building, 950 Pacific Ave. in Tacoma.
Published: 02/15/13 13:29:08
The failure of Proposition 1 which would have funded Pierce Transit by raising the sales tax 3 cents for every $10 spent to pass in November means a reduction in service provided countywide, including Gig Harbor.
Published: 02/13/13 11:47:39
Given that in November voters approved Initiative 502, which provided for the limited legalization of marijuana under state law, the Gig Harbor City Council on Monday night heard the first reading of an ordinance designed to put the city in step with the new law.
Published: 02/06/13 15:46:20
Jenna Gordon, an eighth-grade student at Kopachuck Middle School near Gig Harbor, recently served as a page in the Washington House of Representatives. She was sponsored by Rep. Jan Angel, R-Port Orchard.
Published: 08/04/11 15:59:59
Database shows what Gig Harbor public employees were paid in 2010.
Published: 08/04/11 14:46:29
Use this database to access 2010 Census stats for your neighborhood.
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Irvin shorn, perhaps reborn after bad news
- Morning links: Harvin shows explosiveness
- Wilson ahead of learning curve in 2nd season
- Police end search for Susan Powell, implicate brother
- 139 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 106 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 70 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 19 Commission unanimously approves Tacoma Narrows Bridge toll hike
- 6 Party lines blur at transportation rally