TOP Top Story
Published: 05/21/13 15:48:36
Mitchell Pomeroy woke up in a casualty ward. He remembers seeing a colleague missing his lower jaw, his teeth jammed upward into his face, and another whose skin was like hamburger meat as doctors tried to remove a wedding ring from his burned hand.
Published: 05/15/13 09:18:56
Mitchell Pomeroy left Iraq almost 10 years ago with two injured legs, an ear full of shrapnel and the designation as one of the first soldiers from Fort Lewis to earn a Purple Heart during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Published: 05/11/13 16:47:18
Hundreds of craft beer fans enjoyed warm weather and selections from 18 Northwest breweries on Saturday, as Uptown Gig Harbor welcomed a crowd for the second annual Gig Harbor Beer Festival.
Published: 05/09/13 14:25:49
Peninsula High School English teacher Danielle O'Leary Thursday morning received a phone call from Secretary of Education Arne Duncan recognizing her as an outstanding teacher.
Published: 05/06/13 14:44:33
Record breaking temperatures and clear skies brought smiles to Gig Harbor area residents as many did what they could to get out and enjoy the warm spring weather.
Published: 05/02/13 12:13:49
The Tacoma Narrows Airport, home to several restaurants throughout the years, will soon welcome a new, high-profile tenant: the entrepreneurs behind Tacoma's Harmon Brewing Company.
Published: 04/30/13 15:56:29
John Fosberg isnt sure how big the Gig Harbor Beer Festival will get, or if it will outgrow its space at Uptown Gig Harbors pavilion. Hes pretty sure, though, that the second annual festival wont run out of beer like last years inaugural event.
Published: 04/25/13 13:21:04
With the sunny stretch of spring weather, and the year's highest temperatures gracing the Gig Harbor area, one way to enjoy the outdoors is to ride skateboards with friends at the City of Gig Harbor's skate park located at the Civic Center on Grandview St. NW.
Published: 04/24/13 11:31:40
The Tacoma-Pierce County Habitat for Humanity is on the lookout for military veterans with low incomes in the Gig Harbor and Key Peninsula areas to provide them with critical and affordable home repairs.
Published: 04/21/13 12:02:06
The Second Annual Paddlers Cup and Expo was made another successful event that entertained spectators, helped new participants, and gave industry vendors a chance to educate newcomers to paddling, as well as and sell gear and clothing in the heart of downtown Gig Harbor this weekend.
- Fallen Tacoma firefighter lived life filled with discoveries, explorations
- Morning links: Deflating news on Hawks has columnist questioning prediction of perfect season
- Proctors bike-rack bureaucracy tests patience of local Boy Scout
- Harvin's versatility is tantalizing, as long as he stays upright
- Man critically injured in Frederickson motorcycle crash was off-duty King County deputy
- 362 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 171 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 118 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 75 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 30 Party lines blur at transportation rally