UW Huskies HEADLINES
Lots of things make Keith Price laugh. Questions about a quarterback competition this spring are among them.
Scott Suggs ended up with an unlikely partner Wednesday night. The fifth-year senior remained as hot as the oven door with 18 points on 8-for-13 shooting, but it was the elongated Jernard Jarreau who provided Washington with a surprise boost in a 65-57 win over USC in front of a sparse Hec Edmundson crowd of 7,753.
Remember Stanford’s Jeremy Green?
Nothing irked Washington coach Steve Sarkisian more last year than the Huskies’ failure in his area of expertise: passing the football.
Kickoff is already here.
During the final months of a school year, students can often enter an indifferent dreamland known as “senioritis.”
On the eve of what could be a milestone occasion for college basketball in this state, two rivals with variously modest expectations faced off Sunday at Hec Edmundson Pavilion.
Many complaints end with the common thought that things could be worse.
Because of his bowlegged gate, part natural and part because both knees were surrounded by plastic-sealed ice chunks, Abdul Gaddy staggered out of the visitor’s locker room of Arizona State’s Wells Fargo Arena like a cowboy dismounted from a long ride.
By moving the ball and creating quality shots, Southern California cruised to one of its best wins in years.
TEMPE, Ariz. — Snowstorms and doubt swirled around the Washington Huskies men’s basketball team Wednesday. The Huskies had been pulverized at Arizona and their coach had questioned their pride.
TEMPE, Ariz. — Three days removed from its most embarrassing loss of the season, Washington will try to piece back together its collapsed ego.
TUCSON, Ariz. — Abdul Gaddy looked down and his heel was just a touch over the sideline on the first play of the second half. The Huskies were trying to run a simple dribble handoff to get the offense started, but they committed a turnover.
After finishing 31 seconds from the NFC Championship Game, the Seattle Seahawks aren't standing pat. This week marks the first significant step for the Seahawks to find some key pieces to help bring a Super Bowl victory to Seattle – the start of the annual NFL scouting combine.
Washington is almost at the end of the road and it’s running out of pavement.
- Hey, Pete, it's time you talked about Seahawks' drug-test failures
- Police Beat: A mothers love, and wild punches
- Years of work reunites teens accused of '88 gang shooting
- Tacoma program uses housing to promote good parenting, self-sufficiency
- Day Island residents debate rezoning of marina
- 301 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 22 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 21 Tacoma program uses housing to promote good parenting, self-sufficiency
- 6 Hey, Pete, it’s time you talked about Seahawks’ drug-test failures
- 3 Do visas for skilled foreigners shut out US tech workers?