Now is the time for all good women to pay homage to Betty Friedan, who 50 years ago wrote the game-changing manifesto “The Feminine Mystique.”
More than perhaps anyone else in America, David Blankenhorn personifies the struggle so many have experienced over same-sex marriage.
It must be true what they say about women – that they are smarter, stronger, wiser and wilier than your average Joe.
My inner Pollyanna was basking in blissfulness, rolling in the hay of righteous rhetoric, backstroking through the sunny sibilance of aspiration.
To the world-weary, Lance Armstrong’s confession to Oprah was just one more in a series.
No one forced me, but I finally decided it was time to discover what all the business was about Honey Boo Boo.
The new year has begun with an avalanche of Republican retrospectives: What went wrong? What must the GOP do?
The new year began not with a cannonball off the fiscal cliff but with an outbreak of conspiratorial cynicism.
HASHTAG, America – It is comforting to think of death as a passing rather than an end. In that vein, I prefer to think of Steve Jobs’ final words as editorial commentary: “Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow.”
’Tis the season when columnists write mea culpas, make predictions and list their resolutions.
WASHINGTON – Oh, quelle gaffe.
The Iron Goat Trail traces the route the Great Northern Railway took in opening up the Pacific Northwest. The original railroad grade was used from 1893 to 1929. When a new tunnel was completed down the hill, the old roadbed became surplus and has been turned into a day-in-the-woods history experience.
News Tribune Editorial Writers
Special to The News Tribune
- Katie Baird
- Richard S. Davis
- Bill Hall
- Karen Irwin · blog
- Maggie McGuire · blog
- Brian O'Neill
- David Seago · blog
Community Columnists · 2013
Community Columnists · 2012
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Irvin shorn, perhaps reborn after bad news
- Morning links: Harvin shows explosiveness
- Wilson ahead of learning curve in 2nd season
- Police end search for Susan Powell, implicate brother
- 140 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 109 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 70 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 20 Commission unanimously approves Tacoma Narrows Bridge toll hike
- 7 Party lines blur at transportation rally