The overturned conviction of LaTanya Clemmons is sparking new legislation in Olympia more than three years after her brother Maurice gunned down four Lakewood police officers.
▶ SPECIAL SECTION: Stories related to the Nov. 29, 2009 shooting
Sgt. Mark Renninger and officers Tina Griswold, Ronald Owens and Greg Richards were killed as they prepared for their Sunday shifts. Maurice Clemmons, a convicted felon, was identified as the shooter and a massive manhunt was launched.
Clemmons was shot and killed by a Seattle police officer two days later.
This special section features stories related to the tragedy, with the most recent stories appearing first. Click here to view oldest stories first.
Extensive coverage of the shooting and three-day manhunt for the killer can be found on our Lights and Sirens crime blog.
Tips lead here, there, but suspect still at large
Updates from Parkland-area crime shooting scene
Person of interest in slayings began criminal career as a teen
Clemmons deemed 'dangerous' by psychologists, threatened to kill jail workers
Cotton balls, duct tape used to dress Clemmons' wound
Search for shooting suspect ends with random stop
• Profile: Tina Griswold
• Profile: Ronnie Owens
• Profile: Greg Richards
• Gallery: Forza reopens
• Gallery: Memorial
• Gallery: Procession
• Gallery: Tributes
• Gallery: Cemetery procession
• Gallery: Manhunt ends
• Gallery: Suspect at large
• Gallery: Four officers killed
• Map: Manhunt for Clemmons
• Video: Clemmons arraignment
FOB Tacoma: After mothballing armory, National Guard returning to Pierce County with new readiness center
- Tacoma Dome no more? Arena could receive a new name
- Tacoma engineer allegedly solicited teen for sex
- Cat nurses orphaned pit bull puppy in Ohio
- Lakewood police fatally shoot armed man in Tillicum
- Whale frees itself from lagoon near Purdy Bridge