Sgt. Mark Renninger and officers Tina Griswold, Ronald Owens and Greg Richards were killed as they prepared for their Sunday shifts. Maurice Clemmons, a convicted felon, was identified as the shooter and a massive manhunt was launched.
Clemmons was shot and killed by a Seattle police officer two days later.
This special section features stories related to the tragedy, with the most recent stories appearing first. Click here to view oldest stories first.
Extensive coverage of the shooting and three-day manhunt for the killer can be found on our Lights and Sirens crime blog.
Tips lead here, there, but suspect still at large
Updates from Parkland-area crime shooting scene
Person of interest in slayings began criminal career as a teen
Clemmons deemed 'dangerous' by psychologists, threatened to kill jail workers
Cotton balls, duct tape used to dress Clemmons' wound
Search for shooting suspect ends with random stop
• Profile: Tina Griswold
• Profile: Ronnie Owens
• Profile: Greg Richards
• Gallery: Forza reopens
• Gallery: Memorial
• Gallery: Procession
• Gallery: Tributes
• Gallery: Cemetery procession
• Gallery: Manhunt ends
• Gallery: Suspect at large
• Gallery: Four officers killed
• Map: Manhunt for Clemmons
• Video: Clemmons arraignment
- Millwright Bradken - Tacoma Foundry is looking to expand it's Maintenance department. We are currently seeking a Millwright. Individual will be responsible for constructing, and testing mechanical and electrical equipment, installation and replacement of machinery and components, welding and fabricating per work instructions. Must have 5yrs. experience as Maintenance Millwright, ability to troubleshoot electrical equipment problems, stong electrical experience previous experience in, pneumatics, hydraulics, welding and fabrication, repair of motors, gearboxes, controls and PLC skills experience required. Must apply in person @ 3021 S. Wilkeson St. Tacoma WA 98409 in the HR office. Office hours are M-F from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Or email JMartinez@bradken.com to request an application. Deadline for applications 25th January 2013. Salary: DOE. We offer great benefits! Medical, Dental, Vision, Bonus, plus 401K. Physical, including drug and alcohol screening required BRADKEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer Proud to Belong.
- Admin - Clerical
- Auburn School District Administrative Assistant Attendance Office 8 hrs/day, 187 days/yr, $16.35/hr www.auburn.wednet.edu EOE
- Nonprofit - Social Services
- Resource Sharing Project Specialist See details @ www.wcsap.org
Located in the beautiful and convenient Stadium Historical neigh
Just steps from Tacoma\'s most celebrated shopping, restaurants, night life, theaters, art and antique galleries, and the