The fall Seattle Home Show opens Oct. 23 at CenturyLink Field Event Center. Here are five things to see and do.
1. Remodeling: High impact and cost friendly projects are on the rise with both downsizing baby boomers and first-time millennial home buyers. Find a plethora of home remodeling professionals to talk to about that home project.
2. Home technology: Everything from security cameras and video in your home to remotely opening and closing a garage door using a mobile app or personal computer. There’s even software with a built-in microphone to scold Fido when he’s naughty — even when you’re 50 miles away from home.
3. Transformation paint: Removable peel-and-stick paint allows you to change the wall color of your apartment quickly. All you do is rip off the “paint.”
4. Cooking demonstrations: Watch Seattle-area chefs cook on a demonstration state.
5. Outdoor living: Find all kinds of ideas for making better use of your backyard at the outdoor living area, which also has a beer and wine garden.
Seattle Home Show
Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Oct. 23-25.
Where: CenturyLink Field Event Center.
Admission: $3 (juniors, 7-15); $8 (seniors, 60 plus) and $12 (adults) .