Artists from across the Pacific Northwest can apply now for display space through Spaceworks Tacoma.
Applications will be accepted through Oct. 20 for artscapes, which places temporary art installations in vacant spaces. This round of applications will identify projects to fill spaces throughout 2015, according to a news release.
The program offers an artist stipend of $250 to $1,000, depending on the location, to support the creation of new work and site-specific projects, or the installation of existing work, the news release said.
Here’s what applicants need to know about how their application will be reviewed:
• Quality of work as exhibited in the work samples.
• Feasibility and ability to execute proposal.
• Ability of the project to engage passers-by.
• Ingenuity and strength of concept/proposal.
• Appropriateness for the public realm.
To apply, go to www.spaceworkstacoma.com and click on “Apply” for more detailed information. Selected artists will be notified by mid-November. For more information, contact Spaceworks Assistant Gabriel Brown at 253-682-1735 or email email@example.com.