Throughout the month of April, the Tacoma Public Library is offering free classes to help people get a handle on their financial lives.
“Money Smart Month” is co-sponsored by Apprisen Comprehensive Financial Counseling and the Washington Department of Financial Institutions. The classes involve no sales pitches, according to a news release.
Workshops are free, but you must register. Go to www.tacomapubliclibrary.org, click on “programs and events” and find the link for “Money Smart Month.” Find the workshop you would like to attend there. Or, call the library at 253-292-2001, ext. 3.
The workshops are:
Get Out of Debt Now
Family Budgeting: Make Your Money Stretch• Saturday, April 4, 10:30 a.m., Main Library, 1102 Tacoma Ave. S.
• Saturday, April 11, 10:30 a.m., South Tacoma Library, 3411 South 56th St.
• Saturday, April 25, 10:30 a.m., Moore Library, 215 South 56th St.
Social Security & Retirement: What You Need to Know• Wednesday, April 8, 6:30 p.m., Kobetich Library, 212 Brown’s Point Blvd. NE
• Wednesday, April 15, 6:30 p.m., Mottet Library, 3523 East G St.
Understanding Your Credit Report• Friday, April 10, 10:30 a.m., Fern Hill Library, 765 South 84th St.
• Wednesday, April 22, 6:30 p.m., Wheelock Library, 3722 North 26th St.
Prevent ID Theft & Financial Fraud• Friday, April 17, 10:30 a.m., Kobetich Library, 212 Brown’s Point Blvd. NE
• Friday, April 17, 1 p.m., Wheelock Library, 3722 North 26th St.
The Most Important Card in Your Wallet: How to Save Money using your Library Card. (No reservation required.)• Tuesday, April 28, 6:30 p.m., Main Library, 1102 Tacoma Ave. S.