▪ Lynnae Fritz, CPA, was hired by Doty, Beardsley, Rosengren & Co. in Tacoma, as tax manager. Her experience is primarily in taxation advising small businesses and individuals. Previously she was the controller of a commercial general contracting firm for 15 years and is a former board member of the American Women’s Society of CPAs and the National Association of Women in Construction. She has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Arizona.
▪ Maggie Diefenbach has joined Gordon Thomas Honeywell, in Tacoma, as a partner in the law firm. She practices in defense and product liability litigation and is a graduate of the University of Southern California School of Law.
▪ Yvonne Benson has rejoined Gordon Thomas Honeywell as a partner. She also practices in defense and product liability litigation. She is a graduate of Seattle University law school and was an extern to the honorable Ronald Leighton, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington.
▪ The Rotary Club of Tacoma No. 8, has announced new officers for the 2015-2016 Rotary year. They are: Barry Benson, president; Becky Fontaine, president elect; Ed Ulman, treasurer; and Charles A. Pearson, secretary. Beverly Vincent continues as the club’s executive director.
▪ Dennis Kabba, former principal at BLRB Architects in Tacoma, has been recognized with the J. Norman Hunter Award for construction document education from the Construction Specifications Institute. The national award is given once a year for significant accomplishments in promoting, developing and implementing construction document education well above the norm. Kabba retired from BLRB after nearly 30 years of overseeing the firm’s construction administration and technical specification services.
Compiled by Mary Anderson, staff writer
The News Tribune publishes hires and promotions at the professional and management levels. It recognizes honors at the state or national level awarded by independent professional or trade associations and appointments to corporate or civic boards. To submit information go to thenewstribune.com/business, go to People In Business and select Add an announcement. All submissions become the property of The News Tribune and may be published in any form.