Revenues, asking prices, sale prices and cash flow earned by for-sale businesses in the Puget Sound area were down in 2015.
The online business marketplace BizBuySell this week released its annual report concerning transactions last year in the Tacoma-Seattle-Bellevue area.
Among the data:
▪ The median sales price of all businesses sold in 2015 was $252,000, down 15.8 percent from the $300,000 recorded at the end of 2014.
▪ The median asking price of all businesses in 2015, $275,000, was down 15.4 percent from $325,000 recorded in 2014. The sale price-to-asking price ratio was up, from 0.90 to 0.92
▪ The median annual revenue in all categories in 2015, $555,000, was down 17.6 percent from $673,852 at the end of 2014.
▪ The median cash flow at all businesses was down 2.3 percent to $140,300 in 2015 from $143,588 the year before.
▪ In 2015, the median sale price in the restaurant industry was $125,000; in retail, $230,000; in the service industry, $325,000; in manufacturing, $1,050,000; and in other sectors, $252,500.
C.R. Roberts: 253-597-8535