▪ The Doty Group, P.S., in Tacoma, has announced Shelley Drury has joined the firm as a principal. Drury has nearly 20 years of experience as a business valuation expert and expert witness, and is a CPA, accredited in business valuation and certified in financial forensics. She received a bachelor’s degree from Central Washington University and has been the owner of Expert Valuation & Litigation LLC, a consulting practice in Tacoma and Sumner since 2011.
▪ Gina Smith joins Harborstone Credit Union as a home loan sales manager working out of Lakewood. She has more than 20 years’ experience at credit unions, banks and mortgage lenders.
▪ Karen Rose is the executive director at Hallmark Manor in Federal Way. She will oversee operations at the skilled nursing and rehabilitation center. She has a bachelor’s and master’s degree in health care administration and has been a nursing home administrator in the Olympia area for the past five years.
▪ Dan Fey has been selected as senior vice president of Workforce Development at Goodwill of the Olympics and Rainier Region in Tacoma. He will be responsible for the mission services of Goodwill — to provide persons with challenges to employment with free career counseling, job training and placement and will lead Goodwill's job training, career planning and job placement services.
Never miss a local story.
Fey has more than 20 years’ experience, most recently as the dean for Workforce and Continuing Education at Shoreline Community College.
▪ Steve Yester has joined Newland Communities, Federal Way, as manager of commercial real estate for the 4,700-acre Tehaleh community in Pierce County, the state’s only employment-based master planned community. He will focus on the development of the community’s 420 acres of commercial land that has entitlements for 4 million square feet of retail, commercial/industrial and civic development, as well as multifamily housing opportunities.
Yester has more than 20 years’ experience in local real estate development and asset management, most recently as chief development office for Point Ruston in Tacoma.
▪ Bruce Dees, with Bruce Dees & Associates of Tacoma, was recently awarded the 2016 Excellence in Concrete Construction award for the design of Metro Parks Tacoma’s SERA Campus sprayground. The recognition was awarded by the Washington Aggregates and Concrete Association in the category of Artistic and Decorative Concrete.
The News Tribune publishes hires and promotions at the professional and management levels. It recognizes honors at the state or national level awarded by independent professional or trade associations and appointments to corporate or civic boards. To submit information go to thenewstribune.com/business, go to People In Business and select Add an announcement. All submissions become the property of The News Tribune and may be published in any form.