▪ Tim McLaughlin has been named senior vice president, commercial market manager for Kitsap Bank. He will be based out of the Bonney Lake office and will primarily serve business clients in Pierce County, while also overseeing all of the commercial loan activities in Pierce County. McLaughlin has more than 15 years providing banking services to Puget Sound clients. He most recently worked as a director of commercial banking for Opus Bank.
▪ Mike Thomas has joined Goodwill of the Olympics and Rainier Region as vice president of retail sales. He assumes responsibility for operation of 37 stores, the primary economic engine for job training and career development campuses that serve 15 counties in Washington. Thomas has 32 years of experience at Hallmark, including senior-level positions in marketing, brand management, product development and most recently leading operations for the 3,000 specialty store retail business.
▪ Caroline Manger, of Carol Manger Insurance Agency in Olympia, was recently selected by the membership as secretary for the coming year of South Puget Sound Association of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors.
▪ Chris Wolpert, of Group Services Northwest in Tacoma, has been elected president-elect by the membership of the South Puget Sound Association of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors.
▪ Michael Dayton, president of the Dayton Co. in University Place, has been elected president of the South Puget Sound Association of the National Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors. He has 14 years’ experience and attended the University of Washington.
▪ Julie Tappero, president and CEO of West Sound Workforce in Gig Harbor, was awarded the 2016 Kitsap County Woman of Achievement for Business and Finance by the Kitsap County YWCA. The award recognized her support and involvement in the community, her work as the founder of the Alliance of Women Owned Businesses and chair of the Olympic Workforce Development Council among her other activities.
Compiled by Mary Anderson, staff writer
The News Tribune publishes hires and promotions at the professional and management levels. It recognizes honors at the state or national level awarded by independent professional or trade associations and appointments to corporate or civic boards. To submit information go to thenewstribune.com/business, go to People In Business and select Add an announcement. All submissions become the property of The News Tribune and may be published in any form.