The Pierce County housing market still exhibited growth during one of the slower months of the year, with home sales and median prices rising modestly in the year-over-year November period, according to Northwest Multiple Listing Service data released Wednesday.
Home sales rose 4.4 percent to 878 units last month from 841 units in November 2012, the combined single-family residence and condo data show.
Median prices, too, bumped up 5.1 percent to $205,000 from $195,000 in the same year-over-year period, the combined data show.
Although Pierce County median home prices continue to rebound from where they once were — median prices hit a low of about $175,000 in December 2011 — they still remain relatively low compared with other counties.
Never miss a local story.
A home in Pierce County is a screaming bargain compared with prices in King County, where median prices settled in at about $380,000 in November, the combined data show. Pierce County median prices also are lower than the $220,000 median in Thurston County, according to the combined data.
Meanwhile, pending sales were flat in the year-over-year November period, while the total number of homes for sale rose 4.5 percent to 3,384 units from 3,239 units. New listings in November rose to 1,042 units from 877 units in November 2012, the combined data show.
Separately, single-family residence data for November 2013/2012 looked like this:
• Sales rose 3.4 percent to 825 units from 798 units.
• Median prices rose 7.5 percent to $214,990 from $199,975.
• Pending sales fell 1.97 percent to 1,046 units from 1,067 units.
• Total number of single-family residences for sale rose 6.1 percent to 3,141 units from 2,960 units.
• New listings in November rose to 972 from 801.
The condo data for November 2013/2012 looked like this:
• Sales rose 23 percent to 53 units from 43 units.
• Median prices rose 4.1 percent to $125,000 from $120,000.
• Pending sales rose 23 percent to 85 units from 69 units.
• Total number of condos for sale fell 12.9 percent to 243 units from 279 units.
• New condo listings in November fell to 70 units from 76 units.
Rolf Boone: 360-754-5403 email@example.com