Dave Zeeck HEADLINES
Every day we strive to bring you the most important stories — from around the block or around the world.
The most controversial story in American journalism last week was about a suburban New York newspaper that published an interactive map disclosing the names and home addresses of the 44,000 people in their readership area who had handgun permits.
The News Tribune and its predecessors have been in this area for nearly 130 years, reporting on what we know best: the South Sound and its people.
- King County Sheriff’s deputy injured in off-duty motorcycle crash near Frederickson dies
- Falcon more aggressive, chicks bigger in Olympia this year
- 8 people taken to hospital from Tacoma Dome paint party
- Morning links: Deflating news on Hawks has columnist questioning prediction of perfect season
- Wilson ahead of learning curve in 2nd season
- 365 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 171 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 118 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 75 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 30 Party lines blur at transportation rally