The Pierce County Republican Party scrambled Thursday to expedite the replacement of state Sen. Mike Carrell, who died Wednesday of complications from treatment for a blood disorder.> read more
The executive director of the Democrats state Senate campaign committee is being investigated after indications that he made improper expenditures using the groups money, lawmakers said Saturday.> read more
Ballots will be mailed Wednesday to about 3,000 Pacific residents to vote on whether to recall Mayor Cy Sun.> read more
The Pierce County Auditors Office announced an elections filing period for races that have yet to attract candidates for the August primary and the November general election.> read more
✔ Voter Guide The News Tribune's 2012 Voter Guide
- Morning update: 12 days left to reach budget deal (2nd special session day 8)
- Washington's members of Congress ask AG Eric Holder to respect voters on marijuana
- Morning update: 13 days left to reach budget deal (2nd special session day 7)
- Morning update: 14 days left to reach budget deal (2nd special session day 6)
- Lawmakers keep estate tax checks from hitting the mail, moving $160 million closer to a budget deal
Advocates seeking to expand the use of background checks on gun sales submitted a Washington state ballot initiative Tuesday, taking a new approach after both federal and state lawmakers passed on similar proposals.> read more
Voters in Bonney Lake have received mail-in ballots for a special election determining whether the city will create a Bonney Lake park district, according to a city newsletter.> read more
These endorsements represent the opinion of the TNT Editorial Board> more stories
One reason many people move to Puyallup is because of its highly regarded schools, which boast high on-time graduation rates and innovative programs.
A few dates will tell you why Tacoma must keep investing in its school buildings – and why its Feb. 12 bond measure needs passing.