An open house is planned for Wednesday (Oct. 5) for people to hear about the latest developments in Pierce County’s update to its park plan for its Chambers Creek Properties.
This is the second public meeting on the county’s update to the plan that governs proposed uses and activities that could be developed in the 930-acre park over the next decade.
Topics to be covered during the hour and-a-half-long meeting include:
▪ Updates to the regional park map and planning areas map.
▪ Review of public comments, including initial online survey results.
▪ Proposed changes to recreational amenities and uses.
▪ Alternative design concepts for the southern end of the property near the wastewater treatment plant.
▪ Reviewing and adjusting parking standards and allocation.
The open house will run from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Environmental Services Building, 9850 64th St. W. in University Place.
To keep informed of upcoming meetings or to learn more about the update process, visit www.piercecountywa.org/chamberscreekupdate or contact Joseph Coppo at 253-798-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org.