A fire tore through an Algona home late Wednesday, partially collapsing the roof and displacing two men who lived there.
The fire was reported about 10:45 p.m. in the 100 block of Algona Boulevard North. Police arrived first and said both occupants were evacuated.
Valley Regional Fire Authority crews quickly knocked down the blaze, which closed the road for about an hour.
A chimney fire that spread into the attic caused the blaze, investigators said. Damages were estimated to be $75,000.
Never miss a local story.
No one was hurt.
The American Red Cross is helping the people who were displaced.
Stacia Glenn: 253-597-8653