A Milton family of six lost their home to fire Saturday evening, according to East Pierce Fire & Rescue.
Firefighters responded about 7:30 p.m. to find flames rising from the home in the 500 block of 13th Avenue, according to an East Pierce Fire news release. Smoke alarms alerted all of the home’s occupants, who safely escaped before firefighters arrived.
High winds fanned the flames, which were extinguished quickly, but the home was deemed to be a total loss, the release said.
A battery pack for a drone that was charging in one of the bedrooms is believed to be the cause of the fire, Battalion Chief Marc Lash said in the release.
Never miss a local story.
“That’s the second drone-related fire we’ve had in the past couple of months,” Lash said.