Local

July 2, 2014 1:49 PM

Tacoma apartment fire caused by food on the stove

A fire that prompted the evacuation of 50 people at a Tacoma apartment complex Tuesday started because someone left food cooking unattended on a stove, the department said.

Related content

Comments

Videos

More Videos

Young Ivan the gorilla featured in home movies 18:57

Young Ivan the gorilla featured in home movies

VIDEO: Cousin of victim talks about 25-year sentence for fatal University Place shooting 01:33

VIDEO: Cousin of victim talks about 25-year sentence for fatal University Place shooting

VIDEO: Tacoma trash bag puppies thrive 01:49

VIDEO: Tacoma trash bag puppies thrive

WATCH: Mayo Clinic Minute - lead exposure risks for kids 01:13

WATCH: Mayo Clinic Minute - lead exposure risks for kids

VIDEO: Tacoma Superintendent Carla Santorno talks about school water problems 01:06

VIDEO: Tacoma Superintendent Carla Santorno talks about school water problems

VIDEO: Health department on Tacoma school water 01:20

VIDEO: Health department on Tacoma school water

WATCH: Juror, defense attorney discuss Troy Kelley verdict 01:33

WATCH: Juror, defense attorney discuss Troy Kelley verdict

WATCH: Tacoma school water tested for lead 01:31

WATCH: Tacoma school water tested for lead

VIDEO: Puyallup man donates Ezra Meeker's rocking chair 02:39

VIDEO: Puyallup man donates Ezra Meeker's rocking chair

VIDEO: Black Earth Day celebrates 'black indigeneity' and earth 00:51

VIDEO: Black Earth Day celebrates 'black indigeneity' and earth

Coffee and methanol: Why Northeast Tacoma seniors got politically active 01:30

Coffee and methanol: Why Northeast Tacoma seniors got politically active

VIDEO: How to get your home's water tested for lead 02:09

VIDEO: How to get your home's water tested for lead

Share Video

Editor's Choice Videos