The Canterwood Golf and Country Club restaurant near Gig Harbor was ordered closed Friday until further notice and 780 customers of the Canterwood Water Co. were urged to boil their drinking water after E. coli. bacteria was found in a routine water sample, the state Department of Health reported.
Additional samples were taken Friday. Results from the analysis of those samples might be available Saturday (Nov. 8).
“The distribution system will be flushed with chlorine as an added safeguard to kill any bacteria that may be present,” the Health Department said in a news release.
State inspectors are working with the water company to try to determine the source of the bacteria.
Never miss a local story.
Residents should boil tap water used for drinking, cooking, brushing teeth, washing dishes or making ice for at least one minute before using it, the Health Department said.