Here’s a breakdown of what services will be open, and which ones will be closed for Veterans Day on Tuesday (Nov. 11):
• Pierce County government offices will be closed.
• City of Tacoma offices will be closed, and parking in the city will be free. Tacoma’s senior centers, at 415 S. 13th St. and 5016 A St., will be closed. Police, fire and animal control will be on duty.
• Tacoma garbage will be picked up as usual, and the landfill and recycling center will be open. Trash pickup in the service area of University Place Refuse and Recycling will happen on the regular schedule.
• Tacoma Public Library and Pierce County Library branches will be closed.
• Banks will be closed.
• U.S. Postal Service operations will be closed.
• Pierce Transit buses, Sound Transit buses, and Tacoma Link and Sounder Train service will run on their regular weekday schedules.