Many government offices and other services will be affected by Monday’s Martin Luther King Jr. holiday:
• Most government offices, including those of Tacoma and Pierce County, will be closed.
Never miss a local story.
• Tacoma public libraries, regularly closed on Mondays, will be closed Saturday as well in observance of the holiday. Pierce County Library District branches will be closed Monday.
• Post offices will be closed with no regular mail delivery.
• Tacoma's landfill, recycling center and household hazardous waste facility will be open. Trash pickup should not be affected.
• Pierce Transit bus services will operate on a regular weekday schedule. The Tacoma Dome Station Bus Shop will be open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; bus phone information will be available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. SHUTTLE phone service will be available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Sound Transit Link light rail trains and ST Express buses will operate on regular weekday schedule. Tacoma Link will operate on a Sunday schedule. Sounder commuter rail service will operate on a reduced weekday schedule, with four morning and four afternoon trains serving the Tacoma-to-Seattle line.