Gateway: Living

Skate Night at KP Civic Center continues to provide a safe place to have fun

I was delighted to learn that Skate Night at the Key Peninsula Civic Center is still rolling (pun intended) and I decided to join the rollicking crush of riotously noisy, well-behaved, fun-filled youngsters whose ages seemed to span kindergarten through eighth grade with a sprinkling of high school volunteers providing help, direction, order, and excitement, some wearing “referee” shirts to make clear their authority.

Seen a Sasquatch? Come talk about it at Key Center Library

David Gordon, who is based in Seattle, authored the book “The Sasquatch Seeker’s Field Manual: Using Citizen Science to Uncover North America’s Most Elusive Creature.” Gordon is taking his research and his book to local libraries to discuss the evidence of Sasquatch and hear stories from anyone who believes they have sighted or seen evidence of the creature.

Magee: Cultural shift is a Christmas gift for all

I realized during the kickboxing class that I could use the kicking and punching to work out some of my feelings of anger and disappointment, anger at the fact that bad behavior by men toward women is pretty ubiquitous, and disappointment that famous men, some of whom I considered decent, had crossed the line, and gotten away with it for years.

More Videos

Pete Carroll: Richard Sherman's injury status; Cliff Avril's, Kam Chancellor's futures with Seahawks 1:14

Pete Carroll: Richard Sherman's injury status; Cliff Avril's, Kam Chancellor's futures with Seahawks

Highlights: Demetrius Crosby, Micah Pollard lift No. 3 Foss over No. 6 Fife 3:49

Highlights: Demetrius Crosby, Micah Pollard lift No. 3 Foss over No. 6 Fife

Neighbors rocked by plans to close historic Brookdale Golf Club 1:27

Neighbors rocked by plans to close historic Brookdale Golf Club

Shots fired at Puyallup police officers, spokesman says; suspect dead 1:31

Shots fired at Puyallup police officers, spokesman says; suspect dead

A look at the new Boeing training Center in Auburn 2:28

A look at the new Boeing training Center in Auburn

Belly up for a 30-feet-long taco 0:30

Belly up for a 30-feet-long taco

Highlights: D’Angelo Minnis’ 3s not enough in Kentwood’s loss to Lynden in the ShoWare Center 1:35

Highlights: D’Angelo Minnis’ 3s not enough in Kentwood’s loss to Lynden in the ShoWare Center

How many Whatcom County businesses closed in 2017? 0:50

How many Whatcom County businesses closed in 2017?

A dispute between two brothers ends in gunfire 1:08

A dispute between two brothers ends in gunfire

Deputy killed by fleeing burglar 2:15

Deputy killed by fleeing burglar

VIDEO: Gig Harbor-based Budapest West plays unique instrument

What's a hurdy-gurdy? Budapest West members explain.
Joshua Bessex jbessex@gateline.com
VIDEO: Gig Harbor-based Budapest West plays unique instrument 1:49

VIDEO: Gig Harbor-based Budapest West plays unique instrument

Highlights: Demetrius Crosby, Micah Pollard lift No. 3 Foss over No. 6 Fife 3:49

Highlights: Demetrius Crosby, Micah Pollard lift No. 3 Foss over No. 6 Fife

A look at the new Boeing training Center in Auburn 2:28

A look at the new Boeing training Center in Auburn

A dispute between two brothers ends in gunfire 1:08

A dispute between two brothers ends in gunfire