Ten people charged with child sex crimes in Pierce County as part of an online sting operation now have been sentenced.
Detectives arranged meetings with the defendants by posing online as children or parents selling children for sex.
The so-called “Net Nanny” operations were overseen by the Washington State Patrol’s Missing and Exploited Children Task Force.
The last to be sentenced following the December 2015 operation was 59-year-old Kenneth Paul Zimmerman, who was convicted by a jury of attempted second-degree rape of a child and four counts of communication with a minor for immoral purposes.
Never miss a local story.
On Friday, Superior Court Judge Grant Blinn sentenced Zimmerman to serve 15 years to life in prison. The end date will be set by the state’s Indeterminate Sentence Review Board.
The minimum term was about four months shy of the mid-range sentence deputy prosecutor John Neeb recommended.
Defense attorney Barbara Corey argued for a sentence below the standard range. Corey told the court that would be commensurate with the sentences received by others charged in the sting operation.
Those people included:
▪ Anthony Ray Blankenship, 34, who was sentenced to two years in prison after he pleaded guilty to three counts of communication with a minor for immoral purposes.
▪ Charles Andrew Drury, 52, who pleaded guilty to second-degree child molestation, attempted commercial sex abuse of a minor and communication with a minor for immoral purposes. He was sentenced to five years, seven months in prison.
▪ Jehran Steven Franklin, 23, who was sentenced to a year behind bars after he pleaded guilty to two counts of communicating with a minor for immoral purposes.
▪ Eric Kermit Jacobson, 50, who was convicted by jury of attempted first-degree rape of a child and attempted commercial sexual abuse of a minor. He was sentenced to seven years and one month to life in prison, which means the state’s Indeterminate Sentence Review Board will determine when or if he is released.
▪ Paul Anthony Carson, 61, also was sentenced to seven years and one month to life after a jury convicted him of attempted first-degree rape of a child.
▪ Manuel Antonio Figueroa, 39, pleaded guilty to second-degree child molestation, communicating with a minor for immoral purposes and second-degree promoting prostitution. He was sentenced to four years in prison.
▪ A couple busted in the sting, Robert John Quintero, 51, and Shelley Dianne Harper, 54. Both pleaded guilty to second-degree child molestation and commercial sex abuse of a minor. Quintero also pleaded guilty to communication with a minor for immoral purposes. He got six years in prison, and she got three years and five months.
▪ Cliff Alan Jones, 43, who pleaded guilty to second-degree child molestation. He was sentenced to nine years, eight months to 10 years in prison. That will be served consecutively to his sentence for charges that he molested a friend’s daughter. Between both cases, he’s been sentenced to 29 years to 30 years in prison.