A drug “take back” day is scheduled for Saturday, when people can drop off unused medications at multiple Pierce County locations.
The annual event allows people to anonymously get rid of expired or unwanted prescription drugs or controlled substances that might otherwise fall into the wrong hands or create safety hazards if flushed down the toilet.
In April, more than 780,000 pounds – 390 tons – of prescription drugs were turned in around the country.
Drugs can be dropped off from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at these locations:• Patriots Landing Retirement Community, 1600 Marshall Circle, DuPont.
• Puyallup Police Department, 311 W. Pioneer, Puyallup.
• Joint Base Lewis-McChord PX parking lot, Pendleton Avenue, building 5280, Tacoma.
• Gig Harbor City Hall lobby, 3510 Grandview St., Gig Harbor.
• University Place Police Department, 3609 Market Place W., Suite 201, University Place.
• Sumner Police Department lobby, 1104 Maple St., Sumner.