Police are trying to identify a man who recently robbed at least five convenience stores in Pierce County.
The robber approached clerks, asked for cigarettes or a cigar and, as the clerks turned around, showed a semiautomatic handgun and demanded money., according to Tacoma-Pierce County Crime Stoppers.
He’s described as in his 20s, 6 feet, 170 pounds, with dark facial hair. He wore a black coat, black gloves, a black baseball hat and a black scarf or mask.
Police said he robbed the following stores:
Never miss a local story.
• 76 station 7:45 p.m. Nov. 9 at 9815 Golden Given Road E. in Tacoma.
• AmPm 1:30 a.m. Nov. 14 at 10323 Portland Ave. E. in Midland.
• 7-Eleven 3 a.m. Nov. 19 at 7231 South Tacoma Way in Tacoma.
• Union 76 10:30 p.m. Dec. 2 at 6329 Pacific Ave. in Tacoma.
• Union 76 8 p.m. Dec. 5 at 4601 N. Pearl St. in Tacoma.
Anyone with information is asked to call 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). Tips are anonymous and can lead to a reward.