A fire that forced people from a Walmart store in Puyallup on Tuesday started because merchandise was stored too close to heaters, according to Central Pierce Fire & Rescue.
A damage estimate was not available but pictures from the blaze showed aisles of ruined items in the garden center of the store.
The store remained closed Wednesday. It was not clear when it would reopen.
Firefighters were called to the store at 310 31st Ave. SE about 9:30 p.m. Four sprinkler heads kept the flames from causing too much damage to the building.
Never miss a local story.
Walmart staff members got everyone out of the building before crews arrived to battle the blaze. No one was hurt.