Five people were displaced Monday after an apartment caught fire, according to the Kent Fire Department.
A resident in the 23700 block of 110th Avenue Southeast called 911 just before 7 a.m. to report flames coming from the clothes dryer on the first floor.
Crews found smoke and flames when they arrived and were able to douse the blaze through a window.
No one was hurt, but two adults and three children were looking for a new unit in the complex.
Never miss a local story.
A mechanical problem with the dryer caused it to overheat, fire investigators said.
Stacia Glenn: 253-597-8653