Tacoma police have arrested a man suspected of robbing at least 15 restaurants and businesses in Pierce and South King counties.
Detectives in multiple departments have been trying to identify the robber since August, when he held up three restaurants in Tacoma, Sumner and Puyallup.
His last robbery was a Starbucks in Tacoma in December.
In each case, the robber ordered a small item to go before pulling out a handgun and demanding money from the cashier.
Never miss a local story.
When the suspect was arrested about 7:30 p.m. Monday just south of Tacoma, a handgun was found on him, Tacoma police spokeswoman Loretta Cool said.
The man is expected to be charged Wednesday. He is suspected of robbing these places:
▪ Aug. 25, Elmer’s on South Hosmer Street in Tacoma.
▪ Aug. 29, Buttered Biscuit on North Street in Sumner.
▪ Aug. 31, Ma’s Place on 39th Avenue SW in Puyallup.
▪ Sept. 17, Golden Given Food Mart on Golden Given Road in Tacoma.
▪ Sept. 25, Midland Eatery on Portland Avenue in Tacoma.
▪ Sept. 25, Seattle Sun Tan on Canyon Road in Puyallup.
▪ Nov. 5, Shari’s on Russell Road in Kent.
▪ Nov. 12, Denny’s on South Hosmer Street in Tacoma.
▪ Nov. 17, IHOP on Campus Drive in Federal Way.
▪ Nov. 22, Moctezuma’s on South 56th Street in Tacoma.
▪ Nov. 23, Denny’s on Auburn Way South in Auburn.
▪ Nov. 24, Subway on Portland Avenue East in Tacoma.
▪ Nov. 27, Subway on River Road in Puyallup.
▪ Dec. 2, Denny’s on South 320th Street in Federal Way.
▪ Dec. 4, Starbucks on South 56th Street in Tacoma.
Stacia Glenn: 253-597-8653