The insurance giant plans to put several of its current buildings up for sale, including the DuPont facility, then lease them back to continue operations there, according to a company memo. The move is part of the company's larger national realignment, which locally meant expanding into office space in downtown Tacoma.
Voters served by West Pierce Fire and Rescue were supporting the districts funding measure Tuesday, but low voter turnout may still doom its chances. Meanwhile, the fields were narrowed to two candidates in local races all around the South Sound.
The city of DuPont has hired a permanent police chief after months of negotiations with state officials to ensure the south Pierce County city doesn’t again run afoul of state retirement rules.
DuPont Mayor Michael Grayum says he will retain one of three firefighters slated to be laid off next month to forestall a major decline in the city’s medical emergency response.
Sgt. Nathan Wyrick seemed to be as safe as a soldier can be in Afghanistan’s Kandahar province. The former South Sound resident was a supply sergeant whose job mostly kept him on base. He sat inside a protected base on the day he died two years ago.
- 467 George Zimmerman found not guilty in death of Trayvon Martin
- 452 Tacoma rally promotes discussion following George Zimmerman verdict
- 394 For Zimmerman, ‘not guilty’ does not equal innocence
- 3 Seattle mayor’s tunnel antics put highways at risk
- 1 NSA revelations reframe digital life for some