Gig Harbor HEADLINES
Terry Hoefer trained for about six months on the streets of Gig Harbor to compete in the 2012 Seattle Half Marathon and hoped to keep up his workout routine to prepare for a full marathon. But he's had to alter his training regimen after officials told him he might be violating the law.
Pierce County prosecutors on Friday afternoon charged a 20-year-old woman with first-degree murder in the death of a man wounded in August during a shooting at a Wauna-area market.
Law enforcement officers will have a stepped-up presence Friday on the campuses of Peninsula High School and Harbor Ridge Middle School in the Gig Harbor area, following reports of a threat involving both schools on the last day of class before Christmas break.
At first Gig Harbor resident Ellen Earl was delighted to have received in the mail a check for more than $3,200. According to the official-looking letter that accompanied the check, she was the winner of a consumer promotion sweepstakes draw from selected retail stores in the United States and Britain.
Ethan Elroy Mumme was born three weeks early and four minutes late. The 6-pound, 15-ounce infant joined the world Dec. 12, 2012, at 12:16 p.m.: 12-12-12-16, three weeks before his mom’s due date.
Derek Kilmer, the Gig Harbor Democrat newly elected to Congress to succeed Rep. Norm Dicks, has been preparing to take office Jan. 3 by hiring staff for his offices in D.C. and the 6th District.
Chef-owner Travis Hightower will continue to operate the Gourmet Burger Shop through the end of this year, then will transition to a new downtown Gig Harbor space by the beginning of February. His new home is in the former space of Le Bistro, which burned in a fire in February 2010.
Former Gig Harbor High School Principal Ted Strong, who led the school for nearly three years, is no longer with the Peninsula School District.
Former Gig Harbor High School Principal Ted Strong is no longer with the Peninsula School District, and hasnt been for nearly three months.
Pierce County is seeking reimbursement from the state for having to process tens of thousands of Tacoma Narrows Bridge toll infractions last year that were dismissed due to the buggy transition to a new tolling contractor.
Want to help less fortunate children in Pierce County this holiday season and get in a good workout? Then perhaps Gig Harbors Anytime Fitness second annual 12-Hour Forgotten Childrens Fundraiser is for you. The event is set to take place from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., on Wednesday, Dec. 12, at Anytime Fitness, located at 5275 Olympic Drive NW.
Lights & Sirens: Tacoma brothers plead guilty to killing fellow teenager last year, get prison terms
- Hey, Pete, it's time you talked about Seahawks' drug-test failures
- He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- Report: Josh Portis arrested for DUI; RB Christine Michael Signs
- Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- UPDATED: Two arrested in fatal assault at Lakewood poolroom
- 300 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 120 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 55 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 53 Tacoma program uses housing to promote good parenting, self-sufficiency
- 52 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction