Gig Harbor HEADLINES
Several Pierce County cities will see a leadership shakeup at the end of this year, as many cities are losing their mayors and others have attracted challengers.
A hot concrete parking lot in the middle of a shopping center might not sound like the greatest place to spend a sunny Saturday afternoon. Add 18 brewers, though, pouring samples of the Pacific Northwests finest craft beers, and youd be surprised what a difference it makes.
The Federal Aviation Administration will keep open for now the 149 control towers at small airports that were slated to close as the result of governmentwide automatic spending cuts imposed by Congress, the Transportation Department said Friday.
Crews will close two lanes across the westbound Tacoma Narrows Bridge for several hours next week. The two remaining westbound lanes of state Route 16 will stay open through each night.
Businesses and residents are feeling the pinch from a major construction project in downtown Gig Harbor that will cause traffic delays through the summer tourism season.
The Tacoma Narrows Airport, home to several restaurants throughout the years, will soon welcome a new, high-profile tenant: the entrepreneurs behind Tacoma's Harmon Brewing Company.
The Adventuress isnt your typical tall ship. The schooner, built in 1913, has seen sailors young and old from all corners of the South Sound, and this week it will dock in Foss Waterway to share its charm with Tacoma residents.
Gig Harbor City Council member Jill Guernsey made it official Thursday: She’s running to be the city’s next mayor. Local and county officials, community leaders and others packed the Java & Clay Cafe — festooned outside and inside with blue, green and white balloons — in downtown Gig Harbor for the official kick-off event.
A 47-year-old man arrested last week on suspicion of trying to smother his girlfriend’s elderly mother was to be released from jail Tuesday evening after Pierce County prosecutors said they needed more time to make a charging decision.
A man suspected of trying to smother an elderly Gig Harbor woman was ordered jailed in lieu of $250,000 bail Monday while prosecutors prepare their case against him.
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Man, 47, in critical condition after motorcycle crash near Frederickson
- UPDATED: Two arrested in fatal assault at Lakewood poolroom
- Tacoma brothers plead guilty to killing fellow teenager last year, get prison terms
- DE Cliff Avril sits with foot issue
- 304 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 139 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 105 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 66 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 55 Tacoma program uses housing to promote good parenting, self-sufficiency