A Lakewood man who set his estranged girlfriend on fire last year was sentenced to life in prison Friday after a Pierce County jury found him guilty of first-degree assault.
Lakewood Mayor Don Anderson understands that cuts are coming to a downsizing Army leaving a decade of war. He’d like to see the bulk of them fall far from Joint Base Lewis-McChord, the military installation that makes up a sizable chunk of his city’s economic base.
Pierce County prosecutors today charged a Tacoma man with prostituting a teenage girl he advertised on Backpage.com.
State law says doctors, not judges, decide when the mentally ill should be released from Western State Hospital in Lakewood. If those decisions spin a revolving door and allow repeated trips in and out of commitment, so be it.
Some Lakewood community leaders balked two years ago when the city announced mandatory sewer hookups and fees for the Tillicum and Woodbrook neighborhoods.
Retired Adm. Eric Olson wove affection for his hometown of Tacoma with a call for the military to invest in thoughtful warriors Thursday night during his first public visit to the Puget Sound area since he retired from the nations top post in Special Operation Command two years ago.
Depending on the account, the 22-year-old man was racing another vehicle or just trying to pass it.
Three friends of a man shot dead Sunday at a Lakewood apartment complex, following a scuffle about parking, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to charges related to the incident.
The cause of a fire that destroyed a Lakewood home early Saturday is still being investigated, according to West Pierce Fire & Rescue.
Three friends of a man shot dead at an apartment complex in Lakewood Sunday night after a scuffle over parking pleaded not guilty today to charges related to the incident.
- Wilson ahead of learning curve in 2nd season
- Morning links: Harvin shows explosiveness
- Irvin shorn, perhaps reborn after bad news
- Seahawks waive QB Josh Portis
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- 310 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 161 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 118 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 73 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 24 Party lines blur at transportation rally