Pierce County sheriffs deputies on Friday recovered the body of a man who slipped under water while tubing behind a boat at Spanaway Lake earlier this month.
A former Spanaway Lake High School student is suing the Bethel School District over a stabbing incident that occurred at a school in May 2010.
Spanaway wasn’t always strip malls and golf courses. For centuries, it was still prairie, offering lakeside food gathering for local tribes and, later, farming for the Hudson’s Bay Co. and even stagecoach rides to Mount Rainier for tourists.
Nancy Vernon touched a photo of herself holding son Drew as a baby, her fingers rubbing it lightly as if to free a memory.
She was shy, old-fashioned, a little dowdy. She’d had a traumatic youth, and no particular passion or work other than playing the piano. And she was just the first of four wives for writer Ernest Hemingway who, when Hadley Richardson met him, was a struggling Chicago journalist.
Coming this fall to the Bethel School District: three more schools with full-day kindergarten.
Police officers checked in at two Tacoma schools Monday, while Puyallup educators tried to answer parents’ questions about school security and Bethel school officials were reviewing safety measures.
The Pierce County Council has approved spending $2 million to open a Sheriff’s Department precinct in the Parkland-Spanaway area.
Lights & Sirens: King County Sheriff's deputy injured in off-duty motorcycle crash near Frederickson dies
Word on the Street: Puyallup City Council approves appointments to new citizens task force on homelessness
- King County Sheriff’s deputy injured in off-duty motorcycle crash near Frederickson dies
- Wilson ahead of learning curve in 2nd season
- Seahawks' Lynch has DUI motion continued
- Marshawn Lynch DUI case continued to July 5
- History lesson blooming in Steilacoom
- 365 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 171 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 118 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 75 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 30 Party lines blur at transportation rally