Construction projects in Tacoma and Fife will cause a series of nighttime ramp closures this week.
Crews will be restriping lanes and shifting traffic alignments, as long as weather permits.
In addition to the ramp closures, commuters can expect up to three lanes to close on northbound and southbound Interstate 5 between M Street and Portland Avenue each weeknight, according to the state Department of Transportation. Sequential lane closures will begin around 8 p.m., and all lanes will reopen by 6 a.m. each following day.
Ramp closures include:
Never miss a local story.
▪ Southbound Interstate 705 onramps to northbound I-5 and southbound state Route 7 in Tacoma will close at 11 p.m. Monday through Wednesday (Jan. 4-6). The ramps will reopen at 4 a.m. each following morning.
▪ Northbound state Route 7 onramp to northbound I-705 in Tacoma will close Wednesday at 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. Thursday and from 11 p.m. Thursday until 6 a.m. Friday.
▪ Southbound I-5 exit to southbound SR 7 in Tacoma will close 11 p.m. Thursday until 6 a.m. Friday.
▪ Northbound I-5 exit to northbound state Route 167 will close 10 p.m. Monday and reopen 4 a.m. Tuesday.
▪ Southbound I-5 to Bay Street and 27th Street, as well as 27th Street/Portland Avenue onramp to southbound I-5, will both close at 10 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday. The southbound SR 167 and Bay Street onramp to southbound I-5 will also close two hours later at midnight. All ramps will reopen the following day by 6 a.m.
Visit wsdot.wa.gov for more information on projects and closures.