University Place HEADLINES
Shed no tears for Ken Grassi. He is shedding none for himself. After 23 years on Sunday, Grassi will close forever his downtown store and cafe located in that familiar triangle building across from Union Station at the northernmost point of the University of Washington Tacoma property.
The truck prowler kept the gemstones, but returned the ashes of the victim's son.
Lane closures on the westbound Tacoma Narrows Bridge could cause evening backups this week, according to the state Department of Transportation.
A woman beaten and raped in her Tacoma home nearly 11 years ago was ready to leave her prison of fear Friday as her attacker prepared to enter a different kind of prison.
A West Pierce firefighter was injured Monday tackling a drunken man who was threatening to shoot five firefighters in University Place.
The University Place City Council voted Monday night to gut the 49-year-old home on the five-acre Kobayashi Park, siding with a 2011 recommendation from its park advisory board that also was favored by neighbors, including former Mayor Debbie Klosowski.
The cost of repairing a Gig Harbor freeway overpass struck March 17 by a too-tall truck is likely to come close to $1 million, according to the state Department of Transportation.
The University Place City Council may finally decide the fate of the publicly owned Kobayashi House as opposing groups headed by two former mayors lobby to gut or preserve the neglected property.
University Place will soon have its own museum. The nonprofit University Place Historical Society recently announced it will open the museum in available office space in Windmill Village, the current home of City Hall.
Brilliant sunshine and temperatures in the mid- to upper 60s greeted Tacoma golfers this weekend. They took advantage.
- King County Sheriff’s deputy injured in off-duty motorcycle crash near Frederickson dies
- Seahawks' Lynch has DUI motion continued
- Wilson ahead of learning curve in 2nd season
- Marshawn Lynch DUI case continued to July 5
- History lesson blooming in Steilacoom
- 365 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 171 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 118 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 75 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 30 Party lines blur at transportation rally