University Place HEADLINES
As state Sen. Mike Carrell diagnosed with a blood disease earlier this year awaits a bone-marrow transplant, friends are organizing an effort to raise money for expenses connected to his treatment.
Today, Brakeman Bill – Bill McLain – is 85. He lives in University Place with Jean, his wife of nearly 65 years. The News Tribune recently caught up with McLain.
After 28 years serving customers from a small University Place storefront, the owner of Affairs Cafe and Bakery on Saturday posted the news along with her thanks.
Michael Kagan never played baseball in high school or college, instead sticking with soccer and rugby.
A flurry of fist fights broke out Friday on the second floor of the County-City Building moments after Pierce County Superior Court Judge Frank Cuthbertson handed down a 22-year sentence for Joseph Lester, convicted of second-degree murder for stabbing his pregnant girlfriend to death in 2011.
Additional law enforcement officers will patrol for drunken drivers this weekend in Pierce and King counties as people celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
He was 96 and died with no money in a University Place nursing home. Authorities say it's because one of his nieces siphoned more than $400,000 from his bank accounts and stopped paying for his care.
The 96-year-old man died in a University Place nursing home with no money. Authorities say it’s because his niece siphoned more than $400,000 from his bank accounts and stopped paying for his care.
Memorial stone in University Place park recognizes West Pierce firefighters killed in the line of duty
A memorial stone at a University Place park holds two names: Merritt Nichols and Raymond Kadow.
Firefighters climbed 69 flights of stairs to the top of Columbia Tower in Seattle today while wearing their 50-pound work gear, in honor of 6-year-old Cole Vukich of University Place.
- Hey, Pete, it's time you talked about Seahawks' drug-test failures
- Police Beat: A mothers love, and wild punches
- Morning links: Can newcomers create pass rush?
- Day Island residents debate rezoning of marina
- Boeing 737 catches fire landing in Moscow; no injuries
- 303 Senator: IRS targeting of tea party is `chilling'
- 296 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 46 Rogue crosswalk appears amid traffic concerns in Tacoma neighborhood
- 8 Police Beat: A mothers love, and wild punches
- 2 Walk-off woes continue, as Mariners fall in last at-bat to Indians again, 5-4