- The Obama administration acknowledged for the first time Wednesday that four American citizens have been killed in drone strikes since 2009 in Pakistan and Yemen. The disclosure to Congress comes on the eve of a major national security speech by President Barack Obama.
Nation / World News HEADLINES
Brandon Phillips bounced a bizarre double over first base to snap a ninth-inning tie, and the Cincinnati Reds completed a three-game sweep of the struggling New York Mets with a 7-4 victory Wednesday.
The Chicago Board of Education voted Wednesday to close 50 schools and programs, an ambitious plan that has sparked protests and lawsuits and could help define - for better or worse - Mayor Rahm Emanuel's term in office.
Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper indefinitely delayed the execution of convicted killer Nathan Dunlap on Wednesday and said he was unlikely to allow it as long as he is governor.
Jurors in the Jodi Arias murder trial told the judge Wednesday they were unable to reach a unanimous verdict on whether the convicted murderer should be sentenced to life in prison or death for killing her one-time boyfriend, prompting the judge to instruct them to continue deliberations and try to work through their differences.
The Oklahoma medical examiner's office says it has positively identified 23 of 24 people killed in the tornado that ripped through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore, including 10 children. Officials still were trying to contact eight victims' relatives Wednesday, but released the names of 16 others:
Several Federal Reserve policymakers this month favored slowing the Fed's efforts to maintain record-low long-term interest rates as early as June - if the economy showed strong and sustained growth. But those officials appeared at odds over what evidence would demonstrate such gains.
Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett says 12,000 to 13,000 homes were affected by the tornado that tore through a city suburb.
Mike Krzyzewski had decided to remain coach of the U.S. men's Olympic basketball team.
Two U.K. government officials say a brutal attack that left one man dead near a London military barracks appears to have been motivated by radical Islam.
The baseball star, the Hollywood 10, Oliver North. And Lois Lerner of the IRS.
The U.N. atomic agency on Wednesday detailed rapid Iranian progress in two programs that the West fears are geared toward making nuclear weapons, saying Tehran has upgraded its uranium enrichment facilities and advanced in building a plutonium-producing reactor.
Two infants were among the 24 people killed by the tornado that ripped across the Oklahoma City area this week, the Oklahoma medical examiner's office said Wednesday.
The tornado that tore through an Oklahoma City suburb destroyed or damaged as many as 13,000 homes and may have caused $2 billion in overall damage, officials said Wednesday.
Sales of previously occupied U.S. homes ticked up last month to the highest level in three and a half years, helped by a jump in the number of houses for sale.
Lights & Sirens: Bonney Lake woman pleads guilty to bilking homeowners' association, former employer
Word on the Street: Puyallup City Council approves appointments to new citizens task force on homelessness
- Fallen Tacoma firefighter lived life filled with discoveries, explorations
- Proctors bike-rack bureaucracy tests patience of local Boy Scout
- Morning links: Deflating news on Hawks has columnist questioning prediction of perfect season
- Harvin's versatility is tantalizing, as long as he stays upright
- Man critically injured in Frederickson motorcycle crash was off-duty King County deputy
- 326 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 168 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 118 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 74 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 29 Party lines blur at transportation rally